Mommy has been bad at blogging lately, and for that I'm sorry. Today was a big day in my life. It brought a tear to my eye, but at the same time, lots of excitement. We brought the cradle that Grandpa Chiodo made back to Grandma Chiodo's house. Although I am sad that it leaves our apartment, I'm excited that I'm too big for it! Grandma Chiodo said that since we have limited storage space (which Mommy likes...no room for hiding things that we don't need to save!!) in our apartment, we could bring the cradle back to her house. Mommy and Daddy loaded it up into Daddy' truck while I waited inside. Daddy was happy that Mommy didn't have me in her belly anymore, because she could help him get it into the car...unlike when they loaded it in before I was born. Daddy was on his own then! Mommy just barked out the orders. :)
So, I took a trip to Chicago in Mommy's RAV4 while Daddy took the cradle in the truck. We stopped at Rex to get some lunch. Daddy really likes their pepper and egg sandwiches (I secretly think he's got a little Italian blood in him), so he had that and Mommy had a spinach calzone. It's a good thing Mommy isn't working right now, because she really likes Rex's food. She would be there all the time! Anyway, after lunch, Grandma Chiodo asked if we could drop her off at church on our way home. Mommy said yes, and that she thought we would go to mass with Grandma so that she wouldn't have to get up early in the morning top go to mass. It was great. I had fun smiling at all of Mommy's old pals at St. Constance. I fell asleep though the second half of mass. After mass, everyone wanted to say hi, so I woke up to give them a little show. They were all amazed at how much I had grown since the beginning of January! I even got to see my Grandma Schaefer and Great Grandma Schaefer! They were there too. Mommy was too busy to be taking pictures today, so I'm sorry we don't have any. She'll work on that for tomorrow!:) Our apartment seems empty without Grandpa's cradle...
I send out a special prayer for Grandpa Chiodo tonight as I head to sleep. Thank you Grandpa for making the cradle for Mommy 27 years ago. Even though you are not here on Earth with us, I know that you are in heaven praying for me and for our whole family. I enjoyed sleeping and playing in the cradle you made for us. May God keep you safe. Some day I will get to thank you in person when I'm with you in heaven. Until then, rest in peace...and know that I love you.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment