Monday, December 29, 2008

My Baptism

What a big day I had yesterday, even though I slept through it all. I was welcomed into God's family with members of my family and friends surrounding me. We had breakfast at our apartment early for my Godparents. It's customary for them to dress the baby before the Baptism. Then the celebration began with mass at 11 at my church, the Cathedral of St Raymond's. Then after that, Deacon Jim Kinsella presided over my baptimal ceremony. It was really meaningful. My Mommy gets all emotional all the time, so she cried many tears of joy. Then my Daddy put together a nice reception back at Lewis for me. Everyone had a good time. There was good food to eat and plenty of love to go around.
I thank God for welcoming me into His family. I also thank Him for wonderful family and friends who are so generous!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Blessings on Baby Anthony and on Katie and Mush! What a wonderful day!

grandma and grandpa said...

Your Baptism was beautiful, your party wonderful, and the food outstanding!! And . . . your blog picture show terrific!! You've been blessed with a wonderful mom and dad!! Love, grandma and grandpa